Credentials are to be stored in a .kdb file in the Fireminds credentials repository.
Accessing the Credentials Database:
- Run KeePassX. KeePassX is free, open-source software that can be downloaded using the following link: https://www.keepassx.org/downloads/.
- Open the "Open Database" browser through the "File" menu, keyboard shortcut, or ico.
- Navigate to repository folder and select the .kdb file with the highest version number. This is currently located on the fileshare, accessible through the VDI, at \\FIREDATA\FIREMINDS\TECHNOLOGY\Credentials\.
- Uncheck the "Password" checkbox.
- Check the "Key File" checkbox.
- Click "Browse" and select "fm.key" from your local storage.
- Click "OK" on any open windows.
Changing the Credentials Database:
In the absence of formal version controls, the following procedure must be followed to ensure change control:
- Make a copy of the .kdb file
- Enter and apply changes
- Increment the version number in the filename (e.g. fm_credsv01.kdb to fm_credsv02.kdb)